Oliver Jackson Cohen NBC's upcoming Dracula, Giles Matthey on HBO's True Blood, Hannah Ware on Boss
Turn your passion into your profession.
Malisa Theatre Academy is New York's Leading Acting Program. Not only do we offer extensive training for the actor, but also the opportunity to gain experience in plays and showcases, as well as exposure in front of Industry Professionals.
Part of our mission is to provide our actors with the opportunity to work in front of legitimate Agents and Managers when they have reached a specific level in their training*
We would like to thank EMMY Award winning Casting Director, Judy Henderson from HOMELAND, who recently visited our Academy and enjoyed working with our actors.
- Please don't forget to watch Malisa Academy actor Oliver Jackson Cohen who stars in NBC's upcoming Fall Drama DRACULA in alongside Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Starts October 25 at 10/9c.
- Congratulations to Raymond Franza who came in to work on his Audition with Michael. He can be seen in Luc Besson's loved THE FAMILY, out now, starring Michelle Pfeiffer, Robert DeNiro and Tommy Lee Jones.
- We would like to thank Manager Jaime Baker of Baker Entertainment for signing new talent from our Malisa Academy.
- We would like to thank agent Judy Boals of Judy Boals Inc. Talent and Literary Agency for coming in to see our actors!
- We would like to thank Professional Actors Raymond Franza, Scott Cohen, Jeff Wincott, Oliver Jackson Cohen and Actor/Director Brian Goodman for coming in to talk to our actors about their experiences as actors!
- Congratulations to Malisa Academy actor Sean Kane who signed with Baker Entertainment.
- Congratulations to Malisa Academy actor Elodie Betrisey who signed with Malaky International in Los Angeles.
Congratulations to Malisa Academy and "Blue Bloods" actor Abigail Hawk for signing with Don Buchwalds and Associates.
...Find out more about what our actors are achieving on our Student's Page.
- Michael Luggio also coaches many professional actors on set as well as teaching in his weekly and semester classes.
Abigail Hawk on Blue Bloods, Raymond Franza in Analyze That, Luke Brady in Sweeney Todd
Testimonials from Industry Professionals
"To observe Michael guiding his students is truly inspiring as an
Actor. His dedication and his passion bring out the very best in his
"Michael Luggio is a force to be reckoned with. He makes you look at your work with fresh eyes – each encounter is new, each moment drips with possibility. He blurs the boundaries between fiction and fact, imagination and reality, character and actor. He is passionate and he cares; his job is to make you look good, and he takes it personally. Personally, I have found his methods to be incredibly refreshing, and, more importantly, essential to pushing my work to the next level. I came to Michael crippled by fear. Trapped within myself and unable to move forward, I was petrified of upsetting the precarious status quo of success I had stumbled into. Michael encouraged me to take that first critical step into the unknown, which freed me to tap into my potential. Because of Michael's inherent skill as a teacher, I now know that what I bring to the table is enough. I have found my confidence. I trust myself. And that, as an actor, is invaluable."
- Abigail Hawk - "Blue Bloods", 'Body of Proof" &"The Unidentified"
"Watching Michael working with his students is truly an exceptional experience. I wanted to jump right in and work!"
- Raymond Franza - "The Sopranos", "Analyze That" & "Law & Order"
Michael with (from L-R) Danny Aiello, Oliver Jackson-Cohen and good friend Brian Goodman.
— Oliver Jackson-Cohen - "Faster", "Going the Distance", "The Raven" & "World Without End" "Mr. Sulfridge", "Dracula"
As actors we should come from a place of
opinion, not a place of who is right or who is wrong! To me, acting is
to come from a real place. I've sat in on a lot of different acting
classes in my day and have witnessed teacher's talk about pretending.
Not for me!!! I was so pleased to sit in on Michaels acting class and
watch him guide his students to a place of reality. It was fascinating
to watch a veteran Teacher - Director of acting bring his actors to a
place where they can explore real human behavior. And to know Michael is
putting actors out there trained from a real place excites me as a
fellow Actor/ Director. It was a pleasure to see you doing your work
Michael, thank you for letting me join in! I can't wait to see what's to
— Brian Goodman, -Actor "The Last Castle", "Blow", "Annapolis", "The Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift" -Director and Writer "What doesn't Kill You", "Rizzoli & Isles"
"Michael is as inspiring as a teacher as
he is as an actor. He demands of his acting students what he demands of
himself: unflinching honesty, imagination and commitment in their work.
His insights into each students needs as an actor as well as his ability
to guide them towards overcoming blocks and developing creatively, make
him a tough, compassionate and truly wonderful teacher. I wish there
were more like him."
"Michael Luggio is demanding, challenging,
and keeps his students off-balance. These are good things. They help
the actor grow and get ready for the demands of the industry. That in
itself would be enough, but what I love most about Michael's approach is
this: he doesn't stop teaching at the end of class. For him, teaching
is a true passion, and that's rare."
* Please note we do not guarantee anyone representation. We provide the opportunity to work in front of Agents and Managers who request meetings with those they are interested in.